In order to sustain growth and global competitiveness, the tech industry must have a voice at the local, state and federal levels. The KC Tech Council continuously monitors policies that affect the Kansas City regional technology industry and partners with relevant organizations to conduct public policy advocacy.
As the voice of the greater Kansas City technology industry, the KC Tech Council supports key ideas, goals, legislation and initiatives that drive KC’s tech industry forward, particularly those that:
- Facilitate an environment that supports technology jobs,
- Improve the business climate for the technology industry,
- Provide sources of capital that encourage entrepreneurship,
- Train and attract the talent required to compete in a global innovation economy.
• Policy Reports | KC Tech Council distributes these reports to the community.
• Events and Marketing | KC Tech Council continuously evaluates opportunities to execute events focused on policy and to share policy information with media partners and KC Tech Council membership.
• Policy Committee | Members of the KC Tech Council Board of Directors and Board of Advisors also may serve on the tech council’s policy committee, aimed at bringing a deeper awareness of tech-related policy to companies, discussing current policy topics and rallying support for legislation the committee has identified as important.
2. State Involvement
• Advocacy | KC Tech Council and its policy committee advocate for state legislation that supports growth in the regional tech industry in both Missouri and Kansas.
• Education | KC Tech Council helps its members understand issues at the state level through regular email communications and events.
3. Federal Involvement
• CompTIA DC Fly-In | A two-day summit of technology industry leaders on Capitol Hill. During the Fly-In, KC Tech Council meets with KC-region congressional delegates and attends speaker sessions focused on policies related to the tech sector.